Miami, FL Septic Care and Maintenance
Free Septic Consultations by Jason’s Septic
At Jason’s Septic Inc., we are eager to meet and exceed your expectation to the care and maintenance of your septic system. Please read some of the ways to maintain and prolong the life of your septic system. Please call 305-252-1080 and speak to our specialists if you have any questions.
- Have your tank pumped every 3-5 years. An experienced septic pumper will check the depth of the sludge in your tank and make pumping schedule recommendations. Depending on your wastewater usage, pumping may be necessary more or less frequently.
- How long your absorption field lasts is basically a function of the volume and strength of water you put into the system. You should make a considerable effort to conserve water at every step. Hydraulic overloading is a main cause of early system failure. Install low flow shower heads, toilets and washing machines.
- Don’t use system additives ( chemical or biological )
- Don’t construct pools or other structures over any part of your system
- Don’t flush anything that wont quickly decompose
- Don’t plant trees or brushes in the area of your tank or absorption field
- Don’t run clear water drains into your septic system
- Don’t discharge your water softener to your septic system. Sodium can corrode concrete and may interfere with the soils structure and its ability to absorb water. If the softener must discharge to your septic system, set it to cycle less frequently. This will minimize the amount of sodium going to your septic
- The use of antibacterial products (including soaps) may adversely affect your system.